Ventress Correctional Facility was opened in August of 1990 with a primary mission to provide alcohol and drug treatment to the Department's growing inmate population. Located in Clayton, the campus-designed Ventress maintains medium or below custody inmates in:
- One of the six on-going eight-week treatment classes.
- One of the two 15-week programs for inmates with dual disorders.
- An 18-month (minimum) Therapeutic Community.
- A six-month program, which was funded by a crime bill.
- One of two structured aftercare dormitories.
Ventress offers academic and vocation educational programs, which are provided by the nearby Sparks Technical College. In addition, Ventress provides community services to localized city, county and state agencies.